Screenwriting Basics: Adapting your Book into a Screenplay
Have you always wished your novel could be turned into a movie?
Join us in our upcoming screenwriting workshop on how to turn your book into a screenplay! In this class Michael Elliot will address how to write your logline, story theme, outline, first draft, rewriting and other parts of the writing process:
We will begin with:
- Why Hollywood loves adapting novels into movies.
- Why movie adaptations of popular books are so often disappointing.
- The major differences between novels and screenplays.
- How to condense a 300-page novel into a 100-page screenplay.
Then we will move into understanding of screenplay formatting basics such as:
- Scene Headings (slug lines)
- Narrative Description
- Incorporating dialogue
And finally, we will end with:
- Developing and hopefully selling your screenplay
- Paid professional coverage
- How to submit to screenwriting contests
- How to pitch your screenplay – to whom and where to start