Become a Certified Publishing Consultant
Join Our Special Pilot Program
My Word Publishing is starting a new Publishing Consulting Certification Program where we train people to become Publishing Consultants.
We’re starting with a special pilot program and looking to train 5 new consultants!
Why Get Trained Through My Word Publishing’s Training Group?
My Word Publishing has devised a new publishing model where we manage an author’s project through the entire process but have no ownership. The author maintains 100% of their rights, royalties, and final decisions. We are their advisors and managers, the producer of their book project.
Why Become a Publishing Consultant?
- Help people tell their stories
- Take your job anywhere
- Enjoy a fun and creative job
- Benefit from unlimited earning potential
- Work the hours you want
- Support writers’ dreams to become published authors
- Own your own business in a fast-growing industry
What is a Publishing Consultant?
A Publishing Consultant:
- manages an author’s project through the entire writing, production, and publishing process. You are the producer of the book.
- informs, advises, and educates the author every step of the way through their book publishing project so they have a seamless, no-drama experience
- sets expectations all through the project so the author has no surprises
- assures all details are covered
- assures all timelines and budgets stay in place
- finds the right service providers for the author
What the Certification Program includes:
- 30 hours of one-on-one training
- All the documents needed for the entire publishing process
- Access to training videos
- Certification test and diploma
For the past seven years, My Word Publishing has honed a market-tested, updated publishing model. Let us teach it to you with a seven-year short-cut and give you a new career!
My Word Publishing’s Certified Publishing Consultant Pilot Program:
- One-one-one training with Polly Letofsky – on your schedule (10 sessions x 3 hours)
- The first five trainees are in the pilot program for only $2,500
What’s The Next Step?
Before you consider applying for this program, we ask that you self-qualify yourself. Please answer the questions below honestly to see if your skill-set, experience, and interests would make you a successful publishing consultant.
Must have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
Must be comfortable with social media, Word, Excel.
An eye for good graphic design is a plus.
Have the ability to inspire, calm, and counsel authors when they’re overwhelmed.
Have the ability to reach out to colleagues to ask questions and make good decisions.
Be able to effectively handle stress and keep the temper in check.
Have the ability to notice small details.
Must have an excellent memory and superior listening/hearing skills.
Ideally a successful publishing consultant would have project management and/or account management skills.
Have experience in publishing, whether having been through the publishing process, or having worked in another element of the business.
Be comfortable with basic tech programs.
Feel comfortable, even energized by networking events.
Feel comfortable meeting authors for the first time for consultations.
If you are still interested in training to become a Publishing Consultant through My Word Publishing, then it is time to have a further discussion with Polly for more details.